Time to hit the ground running!
Although school is just kicking into gear here in the city, we gave our students a short quiz from our Earth Day/Every Day Food Toolkit to see how much they already know – or don’t know – about sustainable food. Our goal is that by the end of the year, they will be able to answer these questions with ease.
Now it’s your turn - how much do YOU know about the sustainable food movement?
1. What comes to mind when you hear the word “organic”?
2. What are the benefits of “organic” food?
3. What is an “industrial food system”?
4. Who is Rachel Carson, Wendell Berry, or Michael Pollan? Describe what you know about each of these people.
5. What are the benefits of eating plants instead of meat?
6. What is “local food”?
7. What are the benefits of “local food”?
8. Who grows the food you eat and where is it grown?
9. Do you have access to sustainable food in your community? If so, where? List 10 or more of those resources here.
10. What sustainable food resources are lacking in your community?
How did you do? Similar to our students, you might not know all of the answers, but if you stay up to date with our blog, you should be a pro in no time!